Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009...

I'm not usually one to make a new year's resolution, but some events in the last couple of days have made me realize how precious my family is and how I really need to treasure every second that I have with them. My profession sees a lot of sadness at times, and it seems lately at work there has been more than enough to go around. Then Bryan came home one day and told me about a family that had lost their two year old - maybe it just hit a little too close to home, or maybe that fear every mother has finally became a realization, maybe I just know and see too much at work. Whatever it was, I feel this extra need to hug and kiss and just cherish my little boy. Who cares if I have fingernail polish on my couch - why does it matter that he likes me to lay next to him until he falls asleep - then sometimes he still comes in my room at 2 am and says "are you sleeping mommy?" I don't care that there are toys covering our basement floor and that the sink was full of dishes when my neighbor came over one day. I really don't care that half the rooms in my house are empty - as long as we have what we need to live. I'm trying really hard to have a positive attitude about my commute this winter - even though I almost got ran over by a bus this morning (that I wasn't so positive about and the company did receive a nasty e-mail and I did cry about that to Bryan - note everyone... never travel with Charter America - they almost killed me today) Anyway, I feel blessed to have a "spirited" little boy who keeps me on my toes and makes sure I never know what he might do next. My resolution this year is to not sweat the small stuff - because that itsn't the stuff that really matters anyway. I have a healthy and happy family - and that I'm grateful for....

1 comment:

Jill S said...

Mer, you gave me chills. You are so right. I'm going to join you in your resolution to not sweat the small stuff. Miss you tons! {{{HUGS!!!}}}