Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!
















Well, after I was completly dreading this weekend (because I had to work), it ended up not being so bad afterall. The fourth of July is my favorite holiday - because it's filled with so much fun! It happens to be Spicer's hometown days - which is always a blast! I LOVE hot hot weather and sunshine - so it's the perfect holiday for me. Friday we spent some time on the lake (which is our favorite place to be!) Then Nick, Ang, Lauren, Ellie and Brandon and Sara all stayed at our house - we had a yummy supper and then hung out by a fire. I was lucky enough to be on call until 10:30, but then had to work the rest of the night. I was pretty tired on Saturday, so I spend most of the day sleeping, but Bryan went to Eagle lake to visit friends that afternoon. Gavin had a lot of fun throwing water balloons, watching a boat parade and swimming! I again - got to be on call for the whole night this time, which was perfect! We met all of our friends at Melvin's for supper and then hung out in Spicer visiting people until the fireworks that evening. Sunday, Bryan and I took Gavin golfing in Renville - it was a nice sunny day to spend outside. I can't wait for next year though, when I don't have to worry about work at all and I can just enjoy the holiday - but I'm pretty happy this one worked out the way it did!

No comments: