Friday, March 19, 2010

so much going on....

a recent picture of Gav - occasionally he will still indulge himself with a crayon or two - not sure what tastes good about wax.



{pictures from the party}







sitting at the bar.... hmmmmm - maybe a little too early for this.








I know, I know, I haven't blogged in awhile - I've heard it from so many people; I just feel like I don't really have anything signigicant to write about. I think that it's this time of year - March is, by far, my least favorite month of the year. It kind of teases you that Spring is near, but then it gets cold and snows and reminds you that it really is still Winter. We have been keeping busy though, Sara and I threw a 30th birthday party for Brandon and Bryan at the golf course the last weekend in February - we had a blast! Gavin told me his favorite part was getting to dance with me! I was also very impressed that Lauren and Ellie knew all the words to Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance!" Very impressive! I think everyone had a good time!



We've gotten to spend a little bit of time outside the last few days. Gavin went to the park and found some pretty big puddles - one rambunctious little boy and a big puddle of water and mud, make a pretty significant mess! Bryan and Gav drew some pretty cool pictures on the driveway with sidewalk chalk - Gav told me that "daddy has no idea how to draw a pirate!" but I thought it turned out pretty cute! I also loved coming home to a large note on the driveway that said "Hi Mom - we love you!" Gavin has also been working on writing his name. He's actually getting pretty good at it! It is so fun to watch him learn how to do new things! He says the funniest things everyday. The other day Bryan and I were playing Monopoly and Gav was the shoe - when we were done, I started to clean up, and he wasn't looking at the board. When he turned around and saw that the shoe was missing, he goes "HEY - where did my shoe go? I paid 50 bucks for that thing!" There really is not a dull moment at our house.
I'm constantly reminded of how blessed I really am. Another sad situation at work has had me thinking about a lot of things. I definitly know that I will never understand why some things happen. I guess I just have to look at all of the positives in my life - I really don't have too much to complain about. I'm really looking forward to our weekend away - we are heading to Walker for our annual weekend at Leech Lake with the fam. It'll be nice to relax and hang out!




















No comments: