Friday, June 18, 2010

my race weekend!











We LOVE summer around here, and, as you can tell, we stay so busy there is no time for blogging! The first weekend in June was one of my favorite weekends all year - The Minneapolis Marathon weekend! Friday night, Bryan and I met up with some of my college friends in Minneapolis - we ate at Joe's Garage - it was the perfect atmosphere to hang out, talk and have a couple of beers with old friends. Bryan and I stayed downtown that night and made a little date night out of it. Saturday, we did a little shopping (I got to pick out my bday present - thanks hunny - I LOVE it!) then we met Laurie and Eric at the Depot downtown. The boys had a blast at the water park. Gavin even made a little friend while we were there! He did great going down the little kids slides by himself, and was pretty brave in the water. We've made a tradition out of staying there, getting pizza for supper and just hanging out before the sunday race. On Sunday, I ran 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 12 minutes! I'm ok with my time, being my training didn't go quite as well as I wanted it to. I felt great throughout the entire run and even had a little in me when I crossed the finish line! Gavin was so proud of me, and good thing he was there to yell out "go mom!" bryan didn't even see me until Gav pointed me out. He loved my medal and kept asking me if he could "wear my prize!" Laur ran the 5K that weekend too! It is such a fun thing to do and something I look forward to each year!

No comments: