Monday, May 4, 2009

mid-week playdate!
















So, every once and awhile, I really struggle with my crazy schedule. I was really starting to feel sick of working "weird" hours and not feeling like I spend enough time with my family. Then my "weird" schedule gave me 8 days off in a row to rejuvinate. Gavin and I took full advantage of all that time together! Tuesday, we met Jill, Kate and Jack for a visit to the zoo. Gavin could not stop talking about the "really, really, really big bear" he was going to see! The bears were so playful again, and Gav and I really enjoyed watching them. The kids got some good quality time together and I really feel like they are beginning to be "friends!" There wasn't nearly as much tension between the dominant Gavin and Kate this time - and all kids were on there best behavior! Tuesday night we got to go to Owen's house to play - the kids played in the back yard and worked off some energy. Gavin showed off his ability to throw quite the tantrum if he didn't get what he wanted - he's lucky Owen was so willing to share. I think we need to start working on "taking turns." It's tough being an only child, I guess. Wednesday we got to play with Kate, Jack and Owen - what a fun day! They completly destroyed L & E's house - toys literally EVERYWHERE! It's so funny to me, that Gavin already knows how to manipulate me to get what he wants - at least he trys... he did not want to take a nap, but he was so cranky, I knew he had to lay down or neither of us was going to make it through the afteroon - I laid next to him on the bed and he told me "I just want to cry right now" thats fine - Gavin you can cry if it makes you feel better. Then as he's starting to wail he yells "I just want Laurlie - go get Laurlie!" Knowing that the good auntie would never make him nap if he just didn't want to! I got a really nice "I"m mad at you mommy" then a hug, a kiss and he closed his sweet little eyes for more than two hours. I got to spend some time with Laur and Jill, and he woke up a happy and well rested little man. I think, all of them had the BEST time when we (I"m not sure who it was) allowed them to play out in the rain! They were soaked!!! But, they all had the biggest smiles on their bright little faces - which made the wet clothes all worth it! Then it was goodbye, the long drive home, a little time with daddy - then back to work again. Now after working 4 nights in a row, I'm exhausted, I miss bryan, I miss my Gavin - I wish I could figure out a way to have it all... I'll keep working on that; but for now, life is really good and I'm so thankful for all the people who are so good to us.

No comments: