Friday, November 20, 2009

amazed


There are a lot of things that amaze me. I'm amazed by how smart a three year old is. I'm amazed that after almost 13 years of being together, I love Bryan more than when we first met. I'm amazed by the beauty and fury of mother nature. I'm absolutly amazed at how hard a tiny baby knows how to fight for their lives. I'm even amazed by Jill's wonderful ribbon collection! But nothing amazes me more than the love a mother has for her child. I know how much I love Gavin, and my own mom has always shown me and my sisters that same love. Recently, my good friend Tracy (www.thevelanderfour.blogspot.com) , has decided to adopt a little 4 year old girl from Russia - she already loves her like she loves her other 4 children; it's obvious when you talk to her. I'm not amazed because they are adopting a child from another country, or that she's a toddler, or even that she has down syndrome. I"m amazed because she has had her heart set on this for a very long time, she never gave up on Lera, and now it's finally happening for them! I hope that you will pray for their family and you can follow their journey { www.lovingonlera.blogspot.com } if you want - it's going to be so exciting! You amaze me Trace!


2 comments:

lauriestrey said...

I'm pretty sure that I used the same adjective (amazing) when describing this story to Eric last night. It IS amazing! Thanks for sharing their story - we'll keep them all in our prayers and let me know what else we can do to help (I left a note on Tracy's blog last night!)
love you!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

There's princess!! OMG!! I can't get enough of her! I just can't wait to bring her home!! Love her, love her!

Thanks for the post, Mer! Look forward to sharing the journey with you!

PS: Lera is PRESCHOOLER!!!! Just like Gav, and Mags, and the Moll-ster!