Friday, October 23, 2009

on the up swing....

Being Gavin and I have been totally housebound for the last 2 weeks, I really do not have much new for updates. I still have a terrible cough, but Gavin seems better for the most part - minus the sleeping until noon everyday. I think he plays too hard during the afternoon and then just can't seem to wake up in the morning. He hasn't had a fever in days and the tamiflu really seems to have helped his symptoms. Bryan is perfectly well and doesn't seem to have caught any of our bugs. It probably helped that he sprayed our house with lysol trying to kill anything that thought it might have a chance to live! I'm going to try and venture out of the house Saturday and see some old friends - I am so excited for that! As for other news - I think I can officially announce that Gavin is finally potty trained! He's been so good, even through being so sick - he still managed to go on the potty all by himself. He's pretty much independent at it - I'm so proud of him! Yesterday - he was so funny - he went downstairs to play and I was just finishing up the dishes in the kitchen. Pretty soon, I hear him yell "mommy - get down here RIGHT NOW!" I told him that was no way to talk to his mommy - and he goes "well, I'm havin big trouble down here - I peed in my underwear!" He comes walking up the stairs naked to get me - so I grabbed a towel and some new clothes for him. I told him to show me where he peed - and he brought me to the bathroom and goes "ta-dah! in the potty!" He had dribbled a tiny tiny bit in his underwear and that was the BIG TROUBLE he was referring too - he makes me laugh everyday!

No comments: